Monday, January 28, 2019

Sketchbook fun with the grands

By Kathy Garvey

I love the variety in my sketchbook when visiting my grandchildren.
There are games like The Rules where they take turns making rules and we all have to draw our understanding of that rule. Or we cooperate drawing a “goat robot” after taking a three mile mountain trail with three real goats.

Sometimes they like to include their own entries like the robot on the top of this first page. Or they ask me to draw things I would never think of, like the same five year old’s request for “lots of teddy bears that look like they are holding a meeting.” Then there are requests for “butterflies sitting down,” and princesses and “the first robot to land on Mars.”

Anyway, my grands are a constant source of inspiration!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...