Sunday, July 2, 2017

Wildlife Painting | Blue Heron Art | Small Oil Painting | Daily Painting | Flight by Carol Schiff | 6x18x1.5 Oil SOLD

I was standing on the dock with my camera when this gorgeous Great Blue Heron flew towards me and landed on the railing nearby.  My lucky day!  I snapped several photos of this beautiful specimen and have painted him twice.


SOLD
I was thrilled to get a photograph of him flying, something that usually doesn't work out for me.

I used my palette knife to obtain the texture of the water.

Purchase here
11x14x1.5
250. + shipping
You may remember seeing this first painting a short time ago.

I don't think this bird was friendly so much......just determined.  Behind me on the dock were several fishermen and he was hoping for an effortless meal.

Thanks for reading my blog today.


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...