Saturday, July 8, 2017

Abstract II

Part of the joy of art is trying new things.  Art is one of the few things that wants you to stray from the norm, get out of your "comfort zone" so to speak.  If you have seen my Etsy shop or blog before you know my comfort zone is landscapes, I really love them. There is something so comforting to me about large areas of color.  One blending into another. But, you will also note I have lots of other kinds of paintings and even different kinds of art on my site.
This is a 5x7 oil  abstract of a seascape seen in a different way.  It also uses large areas of color but only suggest what they may be.  I really had fun with this.  I like imagining different scenes each time I look at it.
I did a larger one first and used some of the suggestions from followers on this smaller one.
Enjoy.


Abstract II


donnavinesart.Etsy.com
donnavinesart.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...