Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fun with a Still Life


Last Friday the Pieces of 8 got together to paint. Carmen set up a beautiful still life of some wonderful pears. Denette, Phillis, Mary, Carol and Carmen braved painting the still life. Their results were beautiful and I'm waiting for them to show up here! Cindy and Donna worked on a technique for hand coloring photos. Those should be showing up here soon, also. I dabbled with my watercolors. The Pieces are so much fun to be with and I'm glad it's OK if we don't paint the set up because I've never been good at still life!

But the set up was so beautiful, I came home and played with it in Photoshop. I never know when to stop, so here are Carmen's lovely pears in a variety of views.

And because the pears reminded me of little birds and of how much fun we're all having, the final view was modified further. In case the text is too small to read... "Do you think anyone would mind if we just had a few grapes?" "Mmmmm..." "Not looking, not looking. Don't tempt me. On a diet. Don't even think about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...