Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Challenge for September, Chickens

 The theme for this month's challenge is, simply, Chickens.

* * * * *

Carmen Beecher's Chicken


Are YOU Talking to ME?

I love the comical look that chickens can have, and this one made me think of Robert di Niro's classic scene in Taxi Driver. Sometimes the title comes before the painting.

CarmenBeecher.blogspot.com
CarmenBeecher.com

* * * * *



Kathy Garvey's Chickens
Rulers of the Roost  6"x16" Watercolor on 140 lb Cold Press Paper

I went and photographed chickens for this challenge, and sketched up my plans, but then ran out of time for painting as I'm prepping for a trip and will be out of town before the challenge ends. Since I haven't painted chickens in over twenty years, I had to dig deep to find a stand in for the challenge. Here it is...from 2001! 

More Watercolors and Home Goods at  www.snailflower.etsy.com.

Fabric Designs at http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/kgarvey.

*****

Donna Vines Chicken


Miss Chicken 

12x14 collage


I used this beautiful paper that reminded me of eggs in a nest as the nest.


I wanted to do a collage chicken for my challenge.   Up until now I had only done landscapes or stationary objects, doing this was a great lesson in the difference between a living subject and a teapot. I am o.k. with my first attempt but am going to try again using my lessons learned. 

donnavinesart.etsy.com

1 comment:

  1. Great challenge this month..I am in love with all the chickens they are have such great personalities and style.

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...