Sunday, May 3, 2020

Blob Fun

Donna Vines
After many, many weeks of self isolation and many hours of paint guilt I have finally decided,  for me, that  painting my great masterpiece or perfecting my oils technique was just not going to happen.  So, when I got tired of feeling bad about it I thought I would just have some fun.

I started watching new videos of artists and craftspeople that were doing things I had only heard about or had a different medium.  There are so many fun, free things out there to explore, it is amazing.

One technique to loosen up and get you in the mood I really liked and have done several times.  All you do is squirt a blob of acrylic paint (not too dark) on a piece of paper and spread it around with a credit card or big brush.  Let it dry, grab a pen and follow the contours or your imagination and turn it into something.  So, even if you can't seem to get creative or focus, you have done something that made you smile and feel artsy again.

This is the first one I did.


The next morning I tried two colors and saw this fish.


Then I tried the next one and saw this Lantern Fish.  Don't ask how or why but there he was. 

Donnavinesart.etsy.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...