Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Just Letting Photoshop Watercolor for Me

These are pretty lazy stay at home days but my yard is blooming. I've had time to let Photoshop do a little water-coloring for me. There are lots of big effort methods to do watercolors with Photoshop, but on these two, I kept it simple.
Princess Vine Photo

Here's the basics:
Open your image and crop it if you want to.
Replace any of the background you don't like. (Content aware fill is a good method for doing the job.)
Copy the layer by dragging it to the new layer icon (so if you don't like what you do, you can toss it and try again).
With the new layer selected, click Filters and just play. My favorite combination is Dry Brush, Paint Daubs and Poster Edges in that order.


Princess Vine "Watercolor"

On this Poppy, I used the following filters: Dry Brush and Rough Pastels.
Poppy Photo
Poppy "Watercolor"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...