Tuesday, March 31, 2020

March Challenge, Landscapes

The challenge for March is to paint a landscape.

* * * * *
Jean Thomas' Landscape

This was inspired by a hike that we took near Falls Creek Falls State Park. It is North of Chattanooga, TN and a real treat to visit. We had finished the hike, hot and tired, and I sat down to catch my breath. In front of me was a meadow full of wild flowers. It was late spring so I was marveling at how many different shades of green were surrounding me. The only other recollection I have of that day, was that I sat on an old wooden bench and got the worst case of chiggers I've ever had!!

* * * * *

Carmen Beecher's Landscape

Florida Jungle, 8x10 Oil

I just love a nice thick, tangled Florida wood, especially when a tree is decorated with a big air plant.

www.carmenbeecher.com
www.carmensart.etsy.com

*****
Cindy Michaud's Landscape

Crossing to Safety
acrylic on cradled board
Price Lake Park, Boone, NC
This is from a lovely day at one of my favorite parks in the area.  A bridge of stepping stones in and over the water, in and out of the shade, seems an appropriate metaphor for todays time.  I loved making the many different areas of texture on this piece and found the acrylic fun to use.
Cindy Michaud
art@cindymichaud.com

*****
Denette Schweikert's Landscape

Puerto Rican Sunset

Several years ago we spent some time in western Puerto Rico enjoying the beaches, where I took a photo from the ocean.  Then a painted this picture in short painting session with the Pieces of 8.  I usually takes me days (or weeks) to finish a painting, but I am pretty happy with it.

Kathy Garvey's Landscape

A View from a Train
9x12 Watercolor

I've never had any desire to paint a landscape except for a visit in the late 80's to Italy. For some reason the hills, mountains, dark green olive trees on light green fields, and charming castle towns appealed to me. So, when this challenge came up, I looked through my pictures from that visit. I think I took the original photo from the train on the way from Naples to Assisi.

*****
Mary's landscape

This little watercolor painting is called "Dreamscape" because I dreamed this scene one night, and then tried to capture my dream on paper.

It was fun to do and I used a lot of water to get the effect I was looking for.

I normally paint  a lot of landscapes, but haven't done one for awhile.

Mary Warnick





                                     
                                                         ******
Donna Vines

This painting is a scene from North Carolina.  Driving through some back roads we came upon some small family homesteads on a hillside.  I just loved this collection of old farm buildings and had to paint it.  I painted on a board using  big brushes to give it that rustic feel.  I also made the tree a little more pink than it was but  love the pop of color.


                                                                Hilly Farm

donnavinesart.Etsy.com





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...