Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Azores Hydrangeas, Oil Painting of Terceira Island, 10x8 by Carmen Beecher



I lived in the Azores for several years, and the winters were wet and windy, but all that rain produced beautiful flowers like these hydrangeas. I'd love to go back someday for a visit and see if there are any donkey carts or wooden oxcarts left. The oxcarts had wood-on-wood axles and had the loudest screech as they came down the street. My son, who was two, spent the whole first month looking out the window at the horses, cows, and pigs going down the street.

Below is a photo of the beautiful fields on Terceira Island. 



Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...