Friday, May 16, 2014

"The Challenge" posted by Mary Warnick

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I hope Carmen doesn't mind me giving her challenge to my students.  Since my class is in watercolors, and the paper serves as white, we used 3 colors.  I helped them choose the red, blue and yellow that would work best, then let them choose what to paint.  One of them copied a painting in a magazine, which was not in a limited palette and I loved her results, so instead of showing my work, I'm showing hers.
                                                          Marti's 3 color floral painting
The challenge was great fun with Carmen on Monday, and also in class later in the week.
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...