Friday, May 30, 2014

Mountain Scene by Mary Warnick






The lesson for my watercolor class this week was painting evergreen trees.  The class worked from a couple of mountain paintings of mine, photographs or their imagination and memory.

My demo, which is the painting displayed, was from memory with a bit of artistic license.  The Pieces of 8  have spent many happy getaways at the second homes of Carol and Cindy in the North Carolina mountains.

I started with the sky, then washed in the mountains.  While that dried I added the light green in the foreground.  Next was watching paint dry, so I went around and critiqued the students beginnings.
Adding the trees, flowers and a little barn for fun completed the painting.

The class enjoyed the session, and hope you will enjoy this post.

Mary

1 comment:

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...