Monday, April 21, 2014

Wildlife Painting, Daily Painting, "Two Black Ducks" by Carol Schff, 6x8" Oil

A client wanted a large commissioned piece of her family's pet ducks.  There were lots of ducks...and they all were black.

Purchase here
96 + shipping
 I did this small study of two of the ducks....feeling my way around and trying to decide how to do the larger piece.


The client was happy with the study and I proceeded with the commissioned piece which is shown below.  The reference photo had dark ducks and dark background.  She also wanted to include two ducks that had gone to ducky heaven.  Below is the finished palette knife piece.


Hope your day is just ducky!



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...