Sunday, April 20, 2014

Abstract Painting, Contemporary Art, "Texture" by Carol Schiff, 16x20" Mixed Media

I was looking at my blogger statistics recently, and noticed that I will be celebrating my 7th year of writing this blog in two weeks!  How did that happen?

To celebrate, I thought I would re-post my most popular painting.  I was shocked to see that two of my works had many, many, more views than the others.  In fact, they had two or three times the amount of views than the 3rd place painting.  They are two completely different pieces of work and even weirder...neither have sold!

I suppose, I should wait for two weeks, but I have to act while I still like the idea, so here is the 2nd most popular  post:

purchase here
75.00 + shipping
This is a view of a charming cottage and garden I found on a walk through Hyde Park in London.  The cottage was actually some type of park office and the grounds were incredible.

And here is the big winner..............................

purchase here
325 + shipping
If you would like to read the original post, with a description of how this was painted, you will find it here:

http://carolschiffstudio.blogspot.com/2012/02/daily-abstract-painting-texture-20x16.html

Although I had painted a few small abstract type items, I consider this to be my first REAL abstract.  With 1138 views, it far out paced every other post!

So there is a big difference in the two paintings.  The only thing they have in common is that I painted them both and neither sold!  :)  Maybe, with time, this will become my MOST POPULAR POST!


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...