Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pear Season

After a long hiatus from oils I begged my fellow 8, Carol to stand over me and prod me along again.  She graciously agreed and after seeing her beautiful pear still life yesterday I asked if she would paint a pear with me. 
It felt good to just get out my oils, brushes, and easel and set up for a still life.  No products, no found objects, no newspapers spread on the floor, no rubber gloves just some oils and a canvas.  I painted this pear from a painting Carol had done awhile ago. Neither my colors or the shape is exactly the same but the process is.  Draw, mix, paint.
I have also been inspired by several of my other 8's who have committed to painting or drawing daily.  Thanks, sometimes life gets in the way but don't let it get in the way of doing something for yourself as often as you can.

Pear Day 1















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...