Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Still Life Paintings in the Hills in Georgia

I really do not like painting outside.  I want music, air conditioning, and my comfortable studio instead.  While the PO8s were painting at the home of Phillis Holland in Georgia last week, I finished two small pictures of vegetables that I first painted and then ate. The paintings will be available at the Pieces of 8 annual art sale on December 7 at very reasonable prices.

We will see you on the 7th.

"Peppers from the Garden"


"Beets before We Eat"




Denette Schweikert

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you Denette, it is nice to listen to music and be able to have a cup of tea while painting. The vegatbles do look good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! Love your post, Denette.

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...