Monday, August 5, 2013

Sleepless in Seattle

Denette and I, along with our husbands, had a wonderful time in the Northwest. Hap and I rode the Ducks with intrepid Captain Flip Dover. We drove through Seattle, then into Lake Union (the Ducks are amphibious landing craft). I keep a sketch journal, so I had to include the houseboat in Sleepless in Seattle. Flip was hilariously informative.


We met up with Denette and Jack and went off to the Olympic Peninsula. That's Denette in the tree. The rain forests are lush, green, mossy, and beautiful. I am trying to psych myself up to paint all that green.  The lower right corner of the above page is Cape Flattery, the most northwestern point of the lower 48. You go through a rain forest to get there. In other words, you hike through awesome beauty with a big punctuation mark at the end. We missed the whale that had just gone by, darn it!

Now I have many great subjects to paint, yet what did I do yesterday? A little white boat. Like I said, psyching myself up for the harder stuff. Besides, I really like the boat.

The Yellow Buoy
Posted by Carmen Beecher

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great time Carmen but best of all is your journal. I love your sketches, they bring your narrative to life.

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...