Monday, February 18, 2013

Recital, 9x14" Pastel, SOLD

Today, I am posting something quite different........for me. I have not worked in pastel for almost ten years, but when a friend asked me to paint her two granddaughters in the medium, I could not refuse her.

SOLD

We were both happy with the results of the first painting.


I love the fresh color of pastels, but I found it much more difficult than oils when I tried to nail the image
Hilda, I don't know how you do it!!

My client has two matching frames that she wanted to use.  Both paintings feature her granddaughters at the piano and the frames came with a clever mat  featuring sheet music.  My sweet husband helped me remove the old image and insert the painting.



I am working on the second painting now and will post it in the future.



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...