Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Free Little App for Fans of the Polaroid Look


The Pieces of 8 have been painting, but not blogging much. As proof of our efforts, I'm offering up this snapshot of Donna working away on Monday at the Guild. Everyone was kind of doing their own thing. But I gave her photo a special treatment. I'm finally getting around to checking out a pile of articles I've saved from the local newspapers. One of them is this neat little application you can download for free from poladroid.com (yes, that's the correct spelling for the link) that turns any photo into one that looks like it was taken with a Polaroid camera. I dragged the photo to it and it slowly "developed" on my desktop into the attached.

If you like that look, try it, you'll like it. I can vouch for the fact that the app is easy to download and install. It puts a small icon on your desktop that looks like an old camera. Click on it and then drag your photo to where it tells you. You can save as it develops, or let it save when it's done. The source of my information on this little treasure was an Orlando Sentinel article by Etan Horowitz. When did I clip it? I really don't know since I didn't save the date. But, thank you, Etan.

3 comments:

  1. You know, you can look up anything on the web - so I searched, and Etan wrote about this little application on January 18, 2009. Shows you how deep that pile is. The amazing thing is that the link was still good, the software is still free, and the application works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The app looks right at home with that old fan in the background. Could be a 50 year old photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy you not only take fun photos but you are so full of informatin. The background does bring to mind the phrase "starving artist"!

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...