Thursday, December 31, 2020

Challenge for December: Joy to the World

 Joy to the World

Our Pieces of Eight Challenge for December was to paint something that gives us joy!

* * * * *

Carmen Beecher’s Painting

Since having a health crisis in November, I have not been able to paint. My recovery will take a while, so I am posting one of my favorites from the 1990s, when I was doing magazine cover illustrations. Our dog starred in this one.

Carmenbeecher.com
Carmensart.etsy.com

*****

Kathy Garvey's Response to the Challenge:

I haven't painted this month because I am busy prepping all my tiny polymer clay robots for the Robot Love exhibit at the Foosenar Gallery starting January 16, 2021.  One of The Pieces of 8, Fay Picardi, encouraged me to contact the sponsoring group, about my several hundred "zip-robots" I've been making ever since my daughter took a temporary job as a baggage handler at the Melbourne Airport in 2018. So I sent them some photos. I was excited and surprised that they want all 250. (Thank you, Fay.) For more information on the Robot Love exhibit and events, check it out here at https://www.facebook.com/RobotLoveArt/.

Just a few of the miniature zip-robots I've been making this month. They are so fun to make that they bring me Joy!
Each one is inspired by a lost zipper pull recovered from our own MLB airport and doomed for the dustbin.
  


*****

Donna Vines Response to the Challenge:

I have felt satisfaction, relief, happiness, pride and many other things when I have finished certain paintings but joy is a whole different feeling.  I think I have only felt that a few times and one of them is when I did a collage for my niece when she was expecting her first baby.  It had been a long, hard fought, painful and emotional battle for her and her husband but it was finally happening.  I wanted to do something for the baby's room and I had had some wonderful photos of our pet sheep with their lambs.  I smiled the whole time I worked on this little collage for Josiah.

Lucy and Max
for Josiah
Donnavinesart@etsy.com

                                                                          ********

Jean's response to the challenge:
For the holidays, I tried a different creative approach. These are origami and not quite origami trees I made for 
Christmas cards. It all starts with a square, with folds and cuts. I ended up making an entire forest!



Happy New Year! Let’s hope 2021 will have more joy for us!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...