Friday, July 24, 2020

CAPRI by Fay Picardi




CAPRI
by 
Fay Picardi


Who could forget a beautiful day of sailing around the Isle of Capri and stopping from time to time to take a dip in the clear refreshing water. Certainly NOT Me!
I have tried to recapture that day and the feeling of lying back in the sailboat and letting my eyes follow the mast up to the top of the rocks and into the sky.


There was no way to photograph the water below and the sky above from my angle of repose on the sailboat.  I had to use three photographs and a little imagination. 
Well, maybe more than a little imagination. For starters, you can find lions, reptiles, silk skirts, a t-bone steak, and the world's largest Buddha sculpture. 
What do you think?


***********






1 comment:

  1. I just love this Fay. You have captured that feel and I love the papers you've used. I starting really examining your collage looking for all those wonderful things and it has given me a chance to really study the collage. Good job and I am still looking for that elusive steak.

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...