Monday, March 16, 2020

Watercolors, Chickens..What could go wrong?

Donna Vines
                                      
I did something really different for me and decided to just have some fun and experiment.  I saw some lovely watercolors in a store that were simply colors with ink lines on them.  The colors were so pretty and the design so simple I really loved them.  I thought it would be fun to try myself.  As usual the simpler something looks the harder they are to achieve.
I started with putting watercolors on paper and seeing how I liked that.  It was fun to do but not nearly as interesting as the ones I had seen.  I then did an abstract ink design on two of them.  They were o.k.



I then decided to outline the different colors instead of a randomly ink the design.  This is I liked much better.




I had some paint left and some time so I painted a few chickens I had photos of.  I painted three but only liked two of them so  I cut one out.

 
When I laid them down on a piece of blank paper I wondered how they would look in front of my experiments. 

This is one of them.  Chickens in motion, chickens in action, whirling chickens, run chicky, run.  All those thoughts went through my head in the most fun way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...