Sunday, June 16, 2019

Ocracoke, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, Landscape with sunset, 11x14" Original Oil

I recently visited the outer banks of North Carolina.  Ocracoke is a small settlement on the southern end of the banks.

The residents are a special group of individuals, who fiercely defend their lifestyle.

Purchase here
 It is a 2 1/2 hour ferry ride, to reach the island, and many of the residents go years without visiting the mainland.


I appreciated their dedication to this small strip of land, 40 miles from the mainland, and am thankful they were willing to share it with me.

Carol Schiff
www.CarolASchiff.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...