Sunday, March 31, 2019

Challenge for March, Clouds

This month's challenge is to create artwork of clouds.

This is a small sky painting, worked with a palette knife.

" A Touch of Blue"
SOLD

www.CarolASchiff.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com

* * * * *

This was a sunset over the Indian River Lagoon. A sunset can be beautiful, even when facing East.

 Lagoon Sunset

Carmen Beecher
www.carmensart.etsy.com
www.carmenbeecher.com

* * * * *

This is an exercise I often give my students because it's simple and a great way to have success in watercolor. It gives experience with masking fluid for the white reflections, washes and changes in value. We paint the sailboats last. Like the icing on the cake, they complete the picture. 



Sails and Clouds

Watercolor by Jean Thomas

*****

This oil is from a photo I took right in Palm Bay.  It was at a secluded little park right on the river with lots of trees and shade.  A great place to relax, read, enjoy the water, breeze and paint.   I used both brushes and a palette knife for this painting of a little outcrop of trees and those big, beautiful clouds.
Along the River
8x10 oil
donnavinesart.blogspot.com
donnavinesart.Etsy.com

*****

Clouds are fun in watercolor, and much less work than in other mediums. This painting depicts early morning in San Francisco Bay.

Mary Warnick


Titanic Cloud
Kathy Garvey

*****

This is 18 x 18 on cradled board, The Perfect Storm, oil

I started with a photo of a storm rolling in while the sun was shining and then let my imagination go wandering.  I love looking at this piece and some days find it relaxing while other times I see it as turbulent: The Perfect Storm. 

Cindy Michaud 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...