Monday, May 25, 2015

South Florida Leisure Trip

My husband and I enjoyed a trip to South Florida a couple weeks ago, and we visited Worth Avenue in Palm Beach, then went for a cruise on the Jungle Queen out of Ft. Lauderdale, where we saw a gigantic home with a huge yacht docked beside it. The man's yacht took up more than his waterfront space, encroaching on the neighbor's dock. The neighbor complained, so the man bought his house and tore it down. How did he get all that wealth? He is a foreclosure lawyer. His yacht's name is Misunderstood.

Doesn't it just make your heart bleed for him? Awww...nothing so pitiful as a misunderstood One-Percenter.

After not traveling for quite a while, I'm glad to be able to sketch in my journal again. On my next trip I'll be walkin' in Memphis.

Carmen

1 comment:

  1. Carmen I just love your sketch booking and can't wait to see Memphis. One little drawing says sooo much.

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...