Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Seascape Painting, Small Oil Painting, "The Green Sea" by Carol Schiff, 8x10x1.5"

Living on the coast of Florida, I love going to the beach for inspiration.

Purchase Here
150 + shipping

The mood and colors of the sea change drastically and often, so you never know which sea you will find.


Some days it is hot and hazy, or choppy or calm as a lake.  The color may be blue, green, turquoise or maybe muddy.  When a storm moves in, everything changes quickly.

The mood of my seascapes also change.  Some of  them are full of texture and color, some not so much.  This one was quite a challenge for me, I just couldn't mix the colors I wanted or make my brush behave.  It took a few tries, but eventually I created a painting I was happy with.

Click the button to pin it.





www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...