Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sailboat Painting, Small Oil Painting, "Swirl" by Carol Schiff, 10x8x.75" Oil

I had so much fun with this sailboat painting!  I have a photo of a sailboat regatta we watched several years ago.  It was quite breezy and the little boats were buzzing around like bees, trying to complete their course.

Purchase here
160 + shipping
 I wanted to really capture the feel of the day and the movement of the water and boats.  I started by applying texture to my blank canvas.



Then I attacked with a palette knife and plenty of thick paint,  trying to capture even more texture.



It was a perfect painting day...I danced around the studio in between strokes.  This little painting is at the top of the list in enjoyment and it still makes me smile when I see it!

Give it a try....and pin this if you like.


www.CarolschiffStudio.blogspot.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...