Thursday, January 30, 2014

Small Oil Painting, "Intracoastal Island" by Carol Schiff, 6x8 Oil Landscape

This small landscape painting depicts a scene I see every day.  Florida's intracoastal waterway is dotted with small uninhabited islands.

Purchase here
99.95 + shipping

During warmer months, the islands are often gathering places for camping and fishing trips or simply a fun boating trip for a family outing.  Even the youngest kids enjoy the sandy beaches and calm, shallow waters and many picnics and happy days occur there.



I painted the scene with a palette knife in the style I like to call "color weaving" which gives it a nice textured look.  I particularly like a small landscape painting in a simple black frame which, I feel, gives a sense of elegance.



www.CarolSchiff Studio.etsy.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...