Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Let's Play

Since I got back from the workshop a lot has been going on in my little life. Some of it to do with art and some not. I am finally back to posting and want to share some of the projects I have been working on.
I learned a lot at the Carol Nelson workshop. A lot about new techiniques, new materials, new products and I think even a new outlook. It was a great experience in learning to see things in new and different ways with new and different eyes.
I have been playing around with several techniques and it always seems that one thing leads to another when I start playing. Having lots of new materials to experiment with adds to the winding path I am on lately and I think you will see from my next several posts that everything is quite different.
I am in love with mixed media, collage, found objects and Steam Punk in my pieces and that is what I have been working on the last several weeks.
I will start with some of the collage, mixed media tree type of pieces that I did when we first got back and progress to what I have been working on lately.
The first piece I started at the workshop and finished up when I got home. I fell in love with the branches paper that was in Carole's sharing box and just had to use it. The tree trunk is made from iron paint paper and the tree top from tyvek paper we painted and used an iron to melt. I liked putting some other paper and materials on for texture.



A Tree is A Tree is A Tree


In this piece instead of using the tyvek for the tree top, I used a crackling paste. The tree trunks are made from paper scraps. I again used the branch paper I liked so much.






Am I blue?

Donna Vines








































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...