Thursday, September 8, 2011

Getting ready for Paper Paintings

This week-end I will be lucky enough to attend a collage workshop right here in Viera. The instructor is Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson and her website is www.nelsoncreative.com/gallery. Her approach is a little different in that she not only uses magazines for her collages but she makes and hand colors many of her papers. She also likes to use found and personnel papers that have a connection to what she is doing.

Taking a workshop with such a creative and talented artist is a great oppurtunity and I am so looking forward to it, especially after my unplanned hiatus from art this summer. I am hoping this will get my creative juices flowing again and bring me back to my easel.




Checking my paper supplies




Drawing my apple for our group excercise




My very rough underpainting in acrylic paint


3 comments:

  1. Wow, your apple looks great! You are more packed up than I am. Guess I better get cracking! See you sOon, and for the record I don't use magazine papers because they wrinkle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth is right.....your apple looks great! Cannot wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cool, Donna. Can't wait til Monday to see the finished results.

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...