Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mast General Store, 6x8 by Carmen Beecher


This was the scene in front of the original Mast General Store built in 1882 in North Carolina.  W. W. Mast and his family tried to carry all of the items their neighbors might need - from plows to cloth and "Cradles to Caskets," which led to the popular saying, "If you can't buy it here, you don't need it." In contrast with the quaint scene here, the man is on his cell phone.

I am honored to be on the DailyPaintworks.com website now, and I am still on the DailyPainterOriginals.com site also. There are some fabulous artists on those sites, Carol Schiff being one of them, so I'm proud to be included.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...