Saturday, February 26, 2011

See Mary Paint


Today and tomorrow you can visit the Brevard Watercolor Society's lovely show at the Azan Temple off of Eau Gallie Boulevard in West Melbourne. Our own Piece, Mary Warnick, is demonstrating today. When I first arrived she had just set up her beautiful tulips to paint and had a soft yellow wash on her paper. Forty minutes later I came back to beautiful pink tulips. I was sorry I had to leave before she finished and will try to post a final whenever I see it.

If you are thinking of attending the show, it's well worth visiting. It's open today and tomorrow. There are three other artists demonstrating, rows and rows of beautiful paintings, two rooms of wonderful originals and prints available at unbeatable prices and very enticing sweet rolls. Lots to do and see, including watching the demonstrators perform their wonders right in front of you.

1 comment:

  1. I love to see how other artist's work. Thanks for sharing this photo. I bet the finished piece is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...