* Carmen Beecher * Cindy Michaud * Carol Schiff * Denette Schweikert * Donna Vines * Mary Warnick * Kathy Garvey *Fay Picardi * Jean Thomas

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Road to NoWhere

This painting makes me very cold...it was the first day out for plein air and while the sun was bright and beautiful there was a wicked wind out that whipped around this corner and froze my fingers as I tried to paint.  Standing in one place with an easel does not burn very many calories and the longer I stood, the colder I got!  Finally, when I had enough of the backlighting down and the shadow patterns outlined I cried "uncle" and packed it in.  Had to finish it in the studio where I warmed up with an appropriate beverage.  This road really leads to a nice deadend and is perfect for early morning dog-walking.  It's 7 x 5 in oil. 
Cindy Michaud      http://www.cindymichaud.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment