Sunday, March 14, 2010

Getting my feet wet

I love, love, love the shape of pears...you'll see a lot of them in my work. So it is appropriate that my first post of my first blog be a pear! This is 7 x 5 acrylic on board and available on www.cindymichaud.com. I can thank Fran Hardy for getting me all pumped up about combining graphite and acrylic after building (and building and building) a surface to work on and then layering (and layering and layering) on the design and color. As tedious as this sounds it is actually quite relaxing and I am trying to have one going somewhere around the studio for that reason: some relaxation when I get my knickers in a knot over another piece.
Whew! a realtively painless post; this might be habit forming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...