Saturday, October 24, 2020

Draw the Fall

by Kathy Garvey

I'm just back from a trip to Maryland and Virginia where the leaves were just starting to change colors and fall to the ground. It's one of my favorite times of year. And I love leaf shapes. I gathered some pretty ones on my many walks. 



Later,  I slid them into the pages of my sketchbook to flatten them. 


And when I had time to draw, I gathered them up and played with arranging them on my pages. 

But I didn't sketch. I took the easy way out and just traced around my leaves. 
Next, I drew some of the veins in, and then filled in the sections with designs.
Easy, fun, satisfying. 
(Note that some people refer to this type of art as a "Zentangle".
Way before that word existed, it was just called doodling!)

Find some leaves and give it a try for yourself!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...