Friday, February 7, 2020

Sketchbook Project at the Brooklyn Art Library by Carmen Beecher

I am participating in the Sketchbook Project, a challenge by the Brooklyn Art Library to fill a sketchbook by August 15 using one of their suggested themes. Limericks were one suggestion, which is right up my alley. My book is called "My Life in Limericks," and I am writing and sketching about all the places I've lived. I have lived in a lot of places. Here is a bit of my book.
I have come to the realization that art is not all about making money. I am enjoying this project so much, and I hope my enthusiasm continues at this level for all 29 pages. This is a sentimental journey.

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...