Friday, November 9, 2018

Daisy, Daisy

I think of all of the paintings I have done of flowers this is one of my favorites.  This 5x7 oil was painted from a photo that a fellow artist took for a challenge we did.  The challenge was to take turns picking a photo and each do our interpretation of that photo.  It is always fun to see how different each person sees something and the creation that comes from that vision.
At first I tried to be realistic in my painting but it just didn't seem right.  I wanted to be looser and freer, just like the flower was.
Donna


Daisy


Donnavinesart.Etsy.com
Donnavinesart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...