Monday, May 15, 2017

Animal Farm

I don't paint many animals and most of the ones I have painted are ones I know, I don't know why this is, animals are very interesting to paint and beautiful to look at. It maybe that I spend lot of time trying to capture the human form or that I love landscapes so much I just want to do those. When I look at my listings I see so many landscapes, still lives, abstracts, collages but not many living creatures.
Here are a few I have done.

Donna Vines
Rocky
I painted my bother in law Michael's cats Rocky and Rambo for him.  Rocky was the friendlier.  He would inch his way over to you if you stayed long enough.

 

Argilla Road Rooster
The chickens and roosters I knew from a small farm on Argilla Road in Ipswich were really free range chickens.  They had the use of the yard, the fields and the road.  They spent a lot of time crossing that road and that is where I became acquainted with them.

 

Rambo
Rambo was the more aloof of the two but he was always very busy guarding Michael's shoes.  He did a great job of it because Michael never had a shoe stolen while he had Rambo.


www.donnavinesart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...