My dear fellow pieces brought me beautiful sunflowers for my birthday, and Tuesday I set them up for my students to paint. Here are their paintings, along with my demo.
I think they enjoyed the session. We also studied some of Van Gogh's paintings of sunflowers. He was an inspiration, even if we couldn't copy the wonderful brushstrokes of his oil paints in watercolors.
Mary Warnick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas
I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...
-
Checking the Chicks 24 x 24, on salvaged tin ceiling tile unframed, ready to hang I'm having a little too much fun lately w...
-
I've just returned from a wonderful trip to the Everglades looking for Liguus Tree Snails. They're an inspiration for a project that...
-
My good friend Vincent Lamb is a wonderful nature photographer and I am a proud owner of a number of his fine photographs of Florida flora a...




No comments:
Post a Comment