Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tiny Dancer, 8x10 Original OIl Painting by Carmen Beecher

$199.00, Click to Purchase
While in San Miguel de Allende I got to witness a big Aztec festival, with scores of people in bright costumes and huge feather headdresses. They were dancing in the streets, celebrating their conversion to Christianity. So many people dancing in unison, wearing bright colors and glittering outfits presented quite a wonderful sight, but this little girl was my favorite, trying to keep up with the grownups.

Here are some of the adults in their costumes. I was so lucky to be town that day!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful painting Carmen. The colors are so vibrant and the subject is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful, Carmen. Love the painting and the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...