Thursday, October 1, 2015

Birth of My Birth of Venus Collage


Yes, I finally brought forth my collage version of "Birth of Venus" by Botticelli. I didn't go for the full-length version with the seashell and all that--this was difficult enough. The hair would not have been possible without Charlize Theron's J'Adore perfume ad. She is scattered about in there. 

All this effort is for our member Fay Picardi's upcoming book, Simonetta. It is about the real-life Venus that Botticelli's painting was modeled after. The Pieces of 8 will have our versions of Simonetta at the book launch. Stay tuned! This will be fun.

Here's the real Birth of Venus:


Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...