Saturday, September 13, 2014

Artist's Retreat at Silver Springs


Six of us went to Silver Springs this week and hiked and painted and ate. That's how it works. Above are, from left, Kathy, Denette, Fay, Cindy, and Mary. We had two cabins, air-conditioned and comfortable, but we spent most of our time on the porch. Below is a photo that is so unbelievable that I don't know if I will paint it or not. It just doesn't look real. I didn't adjust the colors. It really looks like this.


Silver Springs was a big Florida attraction in the 50s and 60s, but fell in popularity and quality after Disney came to Orlando. A lot of people don't realize that it is now owned by the state and is a wonderful state park. The accommodations are great, and you can hike, kayak, and ride the glass bottom boats. There is a water park for the kids.


This is on the Swamp Trail, which ends at the Silver River. I will soon be posting a painting I did of the view of the river.

Posted by Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...